Eight University of Maryland dorms won’t have water for a few hours Wednesday while Residential Facilities repairs a water main on Valley Drive.

Water will be shut off to Cumberland, Denton, Easton, Elkton, Ellicott, Hagerstown, La Plata and Oakland halls — along with Eppley Recreation Center and the School of Public Health — from 8:30 a.m. until noon, according to an email sent to North Campus residents Tuesday evening.

The disruption is not expected to affect the rest of North Campus — including dining halls and Bel Air, Chestertown, Cambridge and Centreville halls — and Eppley and the School of Public Health will open as scheduled, according to the email.

“Given that this repair could result in the same loss of water pressure or total loss of water that we experienced last night, we are turning off the water to the impacted buildings ahead of [Facilities Management’s] repair to prevent damage to building mechanical systems, flooding, or other concerns,” the Department of Residential Facilities wrote in the email.

A water main break occurred Sunday night between Chestertown Hall and the School of Public Health, causing many North Campus dorms and buildings to temporarily lose water. While the outage was supposed to be fixed by early Monday evening, it lasted into the night and forced Eppley and the School of Public Health to close early.