Former Maryland safety Qwuantrezz Knight has committed to Kent State, according to his private Instagram page.

From @therealqknight on Instagram.

Knight announced he would transfer away from Maryland with a Twitter post on Nov. 5, becoming the first player to leave after the firing of DJ Durkin. He had appeared in only four games during the 2018 season to that point.

The junior safety recorded five tackles and forced a fumble in his four games in 2018, but was already seeing his playing time decrease. Knight appeared in 11 games as a sophomore in 2017 and 10 games as a freshman in 2016.

The Quincy, Florida, native will have two full seasons of eligibility left at Kent State, but may have to sit out the 2019 season due to NCAA transfer rules.

The Golden Flashes went 2-10 this season and 1-7 in the Mid-American Conference and have not made a bowl game since 2012. Knight was originally committed to Eastern Michigan before flipping to Maryland, so he will now get a chance to play in the MAC.

With the Terps bringing in players like Deon Jones and Jordan Mosely, who both saw significant time at safety as freshmen this season, Knight would likely continue to lose playing time. At Kent State, he has a good chance to compete for a starting spot once he’s eligible.

Kent State has yet to provide a statement on Knight’s transfer, and this article will be updated when that information becomes available.