When the weather becomes brisk, the clothing options increase. But as college students, our fashion budgets are somewhat limited. Here are some basic recommendations for affordable options ($50 and below) of popular clothing items that will up your style game and have your classmates turning their heads (or at least acknowledging your existence).

The Jacket

Finding a good jacket can be a challenge, but the great part about fall weather is that it allows you to dress in layers. The layering ideology plays perfectly into the bomber jacket, an item that gets its name from being a staple of World War II Air Force garb. Colder days might require a hoodie under the bomber, while warmer days allow for just a plain white tee underneath. Here are some picks if the Alpha Industries MA-1 Flight Jacket is out of your price range:

$35 H&M Nylon Bomber Jacket

$42 Young and Reckless Jakob Bomber Jacket

The Sweatshirt

One of the most timeless looks to rock in the coming months is the crewneck sweatshirt. The crewneck is an item that’s often less expensive than its hooded counterpart and is also more versatile – you can even try putting on a polo underneath for the intellectual look. Don’t be afraid to buy a larger size than normal, the baggy look works for crewnecks. Some of my favorites:

$17 Calvin Klein Long Sleeve Crew Neck Logo Pullover

$50 Obey Scorpion Rose Crew Neck Sweatshirt

The Jeans

To be honest, I hadn’t bought a pair of jeans since high school until August of this year. I learned this summer that jeans often have stretch (some sort of elastic material) in them now, and it’s a much-needed change from rigid denim. They’re perfect for the fall – cuff them if you’re rocking Vans with no-show socks or let them hang with boots. I’m partial to the classic light blue color, but choose whatever you prefer. Recommendations you’ve no doubt seen on campus before:

$30 Uniqlo Men Ultra Stretch Skinny Fit Jeans

$30 Levi’s Men’s 511 Slim Fit Jeans Stretch

The Joggers

Joggers are possibly the most comfortable and affordable item on this list. For working out, for lounging around, for class or even for going out if you’re confident enough — they fill every need. Pair them with a casual sneaker like Adidas Tubulars or any New Balance shoes and you’re all set. Here are some options:

$25 H&M Joggers with Side Stripes

$30 Champion Men’s Graphic Powerblend Fleece Jogger

The Shoes

As far as affordable footwear options go, it is difficult to find cheap products without sacrificing quality, but that doesn’t mean you have to be spending $400 on the new Yeezys or Off-Whites. Chelsea boots are a popular item as they’re casual yet can be worn when dressed up. They’re stylish, easy to walk in and fairly resilient to weathering if you’re buying quality leather. What’s not to love? Check these out:

$38 PartyEight Mens Ankle Casual Chelsea Boot

$560 Nordstrom Base London Ferdinand Leather Chelsea Boot

$50 H&M Chelsea-style boot

Having good fashion doesn’t necessarily mean throwing away your life savings on a Supreme bogo tee. The options on this list are affordable, stylish and comfortable ways to dress for the fall weather. Happy shopping!