After the final whistle sounded Sunday, Maryland women’s soccer midfielder Darby Moore slowly trudged off Ludwig Field, to answer questions about her team’s 2-1 overtime loss to Nebraska.

Her subdued demeanor was in stark contrast to the exuberance she and forward Jarena Harmon had exhibited following the Terps’ 4-0 victory over Iowa two days earlier. They had smiled and joked, feeding off the excitement from Moore’s 40-yard goal that wound up on SportsCenter’s Top 10 plays.

Although the Cornhuskers outshot the Terps 17-5, Moore added her second goal in as many games to keep the game close. The redshirt junior has cemented herself as one of Maryland’s go-to options in attack.

“She did such a good job [against Nebraska],” Leone said. “The kid that she was up against today is one of the best players in the league, and [Moore] did a really good job.”

[Read more: Maryland women’s soccer has “a lot of work to do” on offense as Big Ten play begins]

Positioned at the top of Maryland’s formation, Moore was tasked with battling defender Sinclaire Miramontez, a force on the Cornhuskers’ backline. Miramontez earned All-Big Ten first team honors last year, and her ball-hawking presence was evident on Sunday.

Despite her opponent’s pedigree, Moore seemed to pick her moments to find space in Nebraska’s defense.

In the 26th minute, Moore got on the end of forward Mikayla Dayes’ cross and slotted the ball past goalkeeper Aubrei Corder to open the scoring. Later in the game, she flicked another ball just over the outstretched arms of Corder but was called offsides, negating an insurance goal for the Terps.

Moore’s near-miss would have been her third goal of the weekend. In 2017, she didn’t find the net in any of her 17 appearances, and she failed to score in her first eight appearances of the season.

[Read more: Maryland women’s soccer can’t hold on in 2-1 overtime loss to Nebraska]

With the breakthrough weekend, Moore finally showcased the results of her switch from midfield to attack. While she still plays midfield during certain alignments, Moore has spent much of this season working to become a greater offensive threat.

For a Maryland team that scored just one goal during a dismal five-game stretch in nonconference play, Moore’s newfound scoring prowess could provide a major boost during the remainder of its Big Ten slate.

“I’ve been working with my coaches to make me into a more attacking, forward player,” Moore said. “It’s always trying to keep my eyes on the goal, and just look for the opportunity every chance that I can.”

Leone has made a point of using a variety of lineups to keep the team healthy. He also hasn’t shied away from rotating the frontline to find the most productive combination.

In addition to Moore, Harmon has entered the past two contests off the bench, and forward Kady Badham, who played in central defense against Iowa, featured on the wing against Nebraska.

While Leone tinkers with his lineup to discover what combination work best, Moore has emerged as a valuable asset in the midfield and attack.

“It’s an adjustment, but I think it’s an adjustment that I know the game calls for,” Moore said. “Any coach is going to put you in another position every new team that you have, and you just have to be ready for it.”