Back in October, we noticed that Maryland walk-on guard Kent Auslander was no longer listed on the Terps basketball roster, despite being just a sophomore last season.

Well, it turns out Auslander had graduated in three years after appearing in just nine games as a freshman and missing most of the 2016-17 season with an injury.

So we wanted to know what he was up to, and quickly found out that the former Terp was playing Madden, professionally, and got his 10 seconds of fame from this viral video. Auslander plays under the name “Kaus,” and we watched him play last October on Twitch.

We thought his basketball career was over and his Madden career was just beginning, but then, seemingly out of nowhere, Auslander ended up on Coppin State’s men’s basketball roster.

According to the Baltimore Sun, Auslander got into grad school at George Mason for the spring semester to become a teacher, but before he could start there, he ended up enrolling at Coppin State playing basketball for the Eagles.

The connection with Coppin State? Well, I’d say he’s pretty close with the coaching staff.

Kent’s older brother John Auslander, who played three seasons at Maryland as a walk-on from 2011 to 2014, is in his first season as the Eagles’ associate head coach. Before spending one season on the staff of the G-League’s Maine Red Claws, John was also a graduate assistant for the Terps from 2014 to 2016.

While John is second in command for the Eagles, the head man at Coppin State is former Maryland star Juan Dixon, who is in his first season at the helm in Baltimore. Dixon was also an assistant at Maryland before getting that job.

Kent Auslander joined the team at the end of non-conference play when the Eagles were 0-15 to start the season. Since his arrival, Coppin State has won two of its past six games, including an 80-73 win over cross-town rival Morgan State.

The basketball player turned Madden player turned basketball player again is averaging 3.7 points and 2.8 rebounds while shooting 22.2 percent from the field in six games this season.

It hasn’t been pretty for Kent so far, but according to The Baltimore Sun, he does have one more year of eligibility left. But the real question is: will the NCAA let him keep playing Madden?