Opponent: Michigan State Spartans (7-3, 5-2 Big Ten)

Location: Spartan Stadium, East Lansing, Michigan

Kickoff: 4:00 p.m. EST

Last week: Maryland lost to Michigan 35-10, Michigan State lost to Ohio State 48-3

Last meeting: Maryland hosted Michigan State and came away with a 28-17 victory under the lights at Maryland Stadium

TV: FOX with Tim Brando, Spencer Tillman and Holly Sonders

Streaming: foxsportsgo.com

Radio: 105.7FM (Baltimore) / 980AM (DC) with Johnny Holliday, Tim Strachan and LaMont Jordan

Weather forecast: 42 degrees, rainy and 18 mph winds

Three things to watch for Maryland:

Avoiding interceptions: This might sound remarkable, but Maryland actually outgained Michigan last week. The Terps had 340 total yards compared to Michigan’s 305. However, two interceptions from Ryan Brand prevented Maryland from actually making it a competitive game. If the Terps can avoid interceptions, it would go a long way toward staying in the game against the Spartans.

Now or never for bowl eligibility: While there are examples of 5-7 teams making bowl games, it does not happen very often. Maryland sits at 4-6 and needs to win out to guarantee a bowl game, starting with the game today. If they lose today, the Penn State game will be for nothing besides bragging rights.

WR Taivon Jacobs: DJ Moore has understandably gotten a lot of attention for his play this year, but Taivon Jacobs is coming off back-to-back games with over 90 receiving yards. Jacobs will look to continue this level of performance in East Lansing.

Three things to watch for Michigan State:

Bouncing back from a blowout: Michigan State went into Columbus last week and left with a 48-3 trouncing at the hands of Ohio State. The stats were as ugly as the final score, with Ohio State more than doubling Michigan State’s total yards. There is a chance the Spartans could come back from last week’s game angry and motivated to put last week behind them, which might not bode well for Maryland.

WR Felton Davis III: Davis is tied for Big Ten lead in receiving touchdowns with eight. Davis is also 6th in receptions and 7th in receiving yards, so he gets the ball quite a bit in Sparty’s offense. If Maryland’s secondary can keep in check, that would go a long way towards to come out of East Lansing with an upset.

DB David Dowell: Dowell is second in the Big Ten for interceptions, picking off five passes so far this season. Maryland’s quarterbacks have thrown five picks in their last four games, so there is a chance Dowell can add another one today in East Lansing.