Former Maryland men’s basketball guard Jaylen Brantley will transfer to Massachusetts after graduating this summer, according to CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein.

After playing two seasons in College Park, Brantley announced he would transfer April 10 in order to obtain more playing time in his final college season. The Springfield, Massachusetts, native will move closer to home for a program that tied for second-to-last in the Atlantic-10 last season. He’ll be eligible immediately as a graduate transfer.

[Read more: ‘NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE’: Maryland guard Jaylen Brantley has endured a difficult road to becoming a Division I contributor]

With Maryland guards Anthony Cowan and Kevin Huerter returning to their starting roles, and incoming four-star guard Darryl Morsell expected to contribute, Brantley left the program.

Last season, Brantley was one of the Terps’ most productive reserves, leading coach Mark Turgeon to commend him as one of the team’s hardest workers. He averaged 4.9 points and shot 38.6 percent from the 3-point line in 16.8 minutes per game.

That role came a year after Brantley averaged 2.3 points in 8.1 minutes per contest on a Terps squad that reached the Sweet 16. He transferred to Maryland from Odessa (Tex.) Community College.

Since Brantley’s departure, Maryland has added Duke graduate transfer Sean Obi. The Terps still have two available scholarships.

Massachusetts held a 15-18 overall record last season but went 4-14 in conference play. The Minutemen, who lost two freshmen to transfers last week, hired Matt McCall from Chattanooga in March after coach Derek Kellogg was fired.