University of Maryland Police responded to reports of suspicious activity, hazardous conditions and theft over the past two weeks, according to police reports.

Suspicious activity

On April 5 at 12:06 a.m., University Police responded to Cole Field House for a report of suspicious activity. A police auxiliary member was conducting a walk-through of the site when he returned to his station​ to find blood smeared on papers and throughout the building, according to University Police spokeswoman Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas. Police officers conducted a check of the building’s interior but did not locate anyone inside. University Police asked to​ have the blood cleaned up, Hoaas said. The case is active.

University Police responded to a report of suspicious activity at UMUC on April 3 at 12:07 p.m. Officers are investigating a post on a social media page, Hoaas said. The case remains open.

Hazardous conditions

University Police responded to the Chemistry Building for a hazardous material spill on April 5 at 2:10 p.m., Hoaas said. A student had spilled a small amount of bromine on the floor, Hoaas said. Bromine is corrosive to human tissue in a liquid state and can irritate eyes and throat as a vapor, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The spill was cleaned up and the Department of Environmental Safety, Sustainability and Risk responded to the scene. This case is closed.

Theft

On April 5 at ​9:51 a.m., University Police responded to the Xfinity Center for a report of theft. A male university employee reported that a box with items ​in an unsecured room was taken, Hoaas said. The man told police the incident occurred between April 4 at 5:30 p.m. and April 5 at 8:40 a.m., Hoaas said. A video review was submitted and the case is closed.

University Police responded to a report of theft at the Marriott Hotel on April 6 at 10:17 p.m., Hoaas said. A man unaffiliated with this university reported to officers that property went missing from his hotel room April 5 between 7:45 p.m. and 11 p.m. The case is active.

On April 6 at 2:20 p.m., University Police responded to Denton Hall for a report of theft. Two female students reported property missing from their room​. The case is active.