Donald Trump was elected president, but thousands are challenging the decision.

An online petition started Nov. 9 by a user on Change.org called on the Electoral College to vote for Hillary Clinton on Dec. 19 — the day they formally cast their ballots – despite the Nov. 8 results, which gave Trump 279 electoral votes and Clinton 228 votes, according to the Associated Press.

The petition currently has more than 700,000 signatures, according to the webpage.

“Mr. Trump is unfit to serve,” the petition read. “His scapegoating of so many Americans, and his impulsivity, bullying, lying, admitted history of sexual assault, and utter lack of experience make him a danger to the Republic.”

While Clinton narrowly won the popular vote, each state has electors – the amount in each state equals the number of members of Congress it has – who pledge to vote for a particular candidate and decide who becomes president and vice president.

In order to win the presidency, a candidate needs to obtain 270 electoral votes.

If electors vote against their party, “people get mad,” but “they can vote however they want and there is no legal means to stop them,” the petition read.

Two days before Election Day in 2012, Trump tweeted that “The Electoral College is a disaster for democracy.” The president-elect recently accused the election of being rigged in Clinton’s favor.

The election is absolutely being rigged by the dishonest and distorted media pushing Crooked Hillary – but also at many polling places – SAD
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 16, 2016