I often find myself sitting around at my friends’ house, bored to death. There are too many people to play League or Smash, and Cards Against Humanity has grown boring over the past couple months. Luckily, Jackbox Games cooked up something perfect.

All their games have a similar idea. A bunch of people can play — some games can only have four players, while others can have up to 10,000. The computer screen shows the game, while people input answers through their smartphones or tablets.

A player logs into jackbox.tv using the code given and their preferred username, and then they jump right into the game.

Fibbage, the most popular, is a trivia game with a twist. A piece of trivia is presented and each player gives an answer that isn’t right, but seems right. The game then presents all the submitted answers (and the actual answer) on the screen and everyone has to pick the one they think is right. You get points for every person you trick, as well as if you choose the correct answer.

The company has compiled a horde of games available to buy through Steam and other consoles for $25. My favorite game in the pack is Drawful, which plays similarly to Fibbage. Rather than trivia, you’re presented with a weird scenario to draw on your phone or tablet. From there, you have to get people to guess the scenario and avoid the wrong answers.

I prefer it on my laptop, as it’s easy to share on a TV using an HDMI cable, but I can also stream my games through Skype or Twitch.tv for me and my friends to play when we’re not all together.

Jackbox

Jackbox Games recently released Quiplash, another game similar to Cards Against Humanity. The only difference is only two people get to write their own answers for each topic. Then the rest of the crew votes for which they like better. Hilarity ensues when things get personal with those in the room. Eight people can play, and 10,000 people can join in as an audience to help vote.

Quiplash is $10, but it will be included in the upcoming Jackbox Party Pack 2, which will be $25.

The cost seems steep, but if you get all of your friends to Venmo you a couple bucks, it’s well worth the price.