University of Maryland Police responded to reports of a stolen motor vehicle and vandalism, among other incidents this past week, according to police reports.

Other incidents

On July 15 at about 10 p.m., University Police responded to the 8200 block of Boteler Lane after a male university student reported that his vehicle had been egged twice between about 9:15 p.m. and 9:30 p.m, police spokeswoman Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas said. After the first instance, the individual noticed his car had been egged and cleaned it off. About 10 minutes later, he returned to his car and noticed it had been egged again and there was barbecue sauce on it, Hoaas said.

The report did not indicate whether the student had any idea of who egged his vehicle, Hoaas said, but officers plan to review camera footage.

On July 14 at about 4 p.m., University Police responded to Leonardtown, where a female university student reported that she was “receiving unwanted communication” via social media from a male student she met in June on the campus, Hoaas said.

Police told the male to stop communicating with the victim. Police gave him information on the Office of Student Conduct and gave the victim information on the Office of Civil Rights and Sexual Misconduct. Hoaas did not wish to comment on which social media platform the male was using.

Stolen Motor Vehicle

University Police responded to a report of a stolen motor vehicle at Xfinity Center on July 17. At about 9 a.m., an officer met with an employee who said a golf cart was stolen from the loading dock area, Hoaas said.

The officer was able to find the missing golf cart in lot 11b and processed the vehicle. There was “cosmetic” damage to the vehicle in the seating area, Hoaas said, but it was still operable.

Vandalism

On July 15 at about 6:15 a.m., University Police responded to the intersection of Regents Drive and Fieldhouse Drive for a report of a damaged stop sign. When the officer arrived, he noticed the stop sign had been bent down and was able to bend it back into its original position, Hoaas said. He also discovered the pole needed to be fixed or replaced.

Police are unaware of exactly how the stop sign was bent, Hoaas said, and requested a camera review.