With Riot Games’ latest rulings on Team Impulse, the LA Renegades and Team Dragon Knights, competitive League of Legends fans couldn’t help but notice the amount of power the company holds over other organizations.

After their rulings, they banned the three teams from competing in the LCS or Challenger Series, forcing the teams to sell their spots within 10 days.

The company gave vague reasons as to why the organizations were banned from League, but didn’t really give any further proof.

Their accusation of the Renegades’ lack of safe management of their team members was especially spontaneous. Many of REN’s players and friends came forward on Twitter stating that everything at the house was fine.

While, on the flipside, ex-REN player, Remi tweeted some … different things. Nothing that explicitly revealed any information, though.

Everyone is confused. Did REN deserve their banning? Was an ex-member crying wolf about problems? Why didn’t Riot Games tell us what exactly what’s going on with solid proof?

Riot’s issue with transparency is that they want to help keep private matters private – even to the people who are involved in the ban. MonteCristo, one of the co-owners of REN, claims to have not known about any of the violations prior to 30 minutes before the statement was published.

Most people who were accused of something ban-worthy from tournaments would deny what they did until they die, so how can we tell who’s telling the truth and who’s lying?

It’s all up to players coming forward and being honest about their experiences or Riot Games to provide proof. With no proof, it seems like Riot can just give harsh rulings to whoever they want with no repercussions, which isn’t very safe or helpful for the esports community.