Fear and Clothing is back with a men’s spring lookbook, styled by the gentlemen of the campus to highlight some rising local trends. From Maryland spirit wear to MA-1-style bombers, this lookbook features a bit of inspiration for just about anyone’s particular flair.

On trend for men this spring seems to be button-downs, particularly ones made of denim or blue-dyed cotton. As freshman computer science major Andrés-Mauricio Arbelaez and sophomore jazz performance major Dean Emerson demonstrate, the freshest way to wear them is with slacks or plain blue jeans, buttoned up to the top button.

(Miranda Jackson/For The Diamondback)

(Miranda Jackson/For The Diamondback)

As far as colors go, olive green seems to be making a permanent mark on this generation’s wardrobe, particularly in outerwear. Senior communication major Christian Herrera rocks his olive green bomber with a camo cap and black base pieces, tying into another very fortunate trend: simplicity.

(Miranda Jackson/For The Diamondback)

Not to be confused with minimalism, this particular trend comes from a “less is more” mentality and a more laid-back feel. Is the wavering weather to blame? Perhaps, but the trend is in full bloom nonetheless. As displayed by senior communication major David Lee’s calm gray wardrobe and junior communication major James Lord’s tied-back hair and T-shirt vibes, now is the time to wear what is most comfortable.

(Miranda Jackson/For The Diamondback)

(Miranda Jackson/For The Diamondback)

However, if you need just a little bit of something to add flair to the simplistic look, patterned and eclectic socks are a go-to. Spring is sock game season, so those crazy Odd Future and Urban Outfitters socks are making their way out of the bottoms of drawers.

Of course, another staple for these weird temperatures is good layering materials. Freshman kinesiology major Benin Dula rocks layer on layer of denim and jersey materials, adding breathability and dimension to an urban look. In addition, junior kinesiology major Aziz Sanusi ties in the spring tones of cream and light wash denim with fall’s trending colors of burnt orange and green to complete his layered look.

(Miranda Jackson/For The Diamondback)

(Miranda Jackson/For The Diamondback)

The hot weeks of Maryland weather are steadily approaching. In a few week’s time, I’ll be back with this semester’s final installment of Fear and Clothing to send you off on vacation in style.