Terrapins men’s basketball guard Melo Trimble was named to the second-team All-Big Ten and freshman center Diamond Stone earned third-team All-Big Ten honors. Stone also made the All-Freshman team.

The Terps’ other usual starters — guard Rasheed Sulaimon and forwards Jake Layman and Robert Carter Jr. — all received honorable mention recognition.

Trimble, the Big Ten Preseason Player of the Year, leads the Terps in points per game (14.4), assists (5.1) and steals (1.4). He endured a shooting slump in February but has bounced back in the Terps’ past two games. The sophomore floor general has scored at least 20 points in eight different contests.

Stone, a highly touted recruit, has been at his best in conference play. The 6-foot-11 rookie is averaging 13.7 points per game in Big Ten action and broke three program records in the team’s conference opener Dec. 30. He scored 39 points against Penn State in that game — a freshman record for the Terps.

At power forward, Carter has been a staple of consistency for the Terps. The redshirt junior has scored in double figures in 23 contests and is averaging 12.6 points per game. He’s also eighth in the conference in rebounds.

Layman, playing in his final season in College Park, is averaging 10.8 points per game. And Sulaimon, the Terps’ other senior to receive Big Ten honors, has averaged 11.2 points after transferring from Duke in the offseason.