I’ve nabbed myself a job at a bubble tea place, which means I get to drink as much bubble tea as humanly possible. I was never really a huge fan before, but now that I have such easy access to it, I’m hooked.

Ordering bubble teas can be a daunting challenge. The expansive menu lists dozens of flavors with different add-ons, like jellies and pudding. Luckily, I’ve tasted just about everything and know the go-tos:

Black milk tea (served hot or cold)

This tea is the classic. It’s the little black dress of bubble tea. It’s creamy and smooth and also the most popular. It’s typically the number-one pick for milk teas. It’s super good with the basic tapioca bubbles, but some people also like to add in the egg pudding or grass jelly.

Mango green tea

This is the other go-to if milk tea isn’t going to cut it. It’s sweet and refreshing with a hint of green tea aftertaste. It’s another popular classic, and I thought it would prove overhyped before I tasted it. I was wrong. It felt like a cool breeze washed over me as I took my first sip. This, of course, goes great with mango jelly (or any fruit jelly).

Vanilla chai milk tea (served hot or cold)

This choice is popular as well. Though I don’t normally like chai teas, this one is pretty good! It’s sweet and creamy with the chai spice. This is served best with the base tapioca, but some people like to go without so it feels more like a drink from a coffee shop.

Taro smoothie

Everybody loves the taro flavor. Some get it in a milk tea, but getting it in a smoothie is something special. It’s sweet and thick and tastes similar to cookies and cream. (Weird that a coconut-yam-root can taste like that.)

Thai milk tea (served hot or cold)

The first time I had Thai tea was at Pho D’lite during its happy hour. After trying it from a real bubble tea place, I understand the hype. The second the concoction hit my tongue, a fat tear of happiness rolled down my cheek. With the amount of sweetness and the tang of spice that hits afterward, I wanted to chug the entire cup on the spot but had to refrain from looking like a monster. This goes great with the base tapioca, but I like getting it without any bubbles.

Most of these can be ordered from any bubble tea restaurant, including Jumbo Jumbo Cafe under Domain College Park, Ten Ren’s Tea Time next to the campus (by Potbelly) or, coming soon, Kung Fu Tea on Route 1.