Echostage, Washington’s newest Electronic Dance Music club, opens this Saturday. 

Electronic dance music has catapulted in the past few years, going from underground to almost completely mainstream. Due to this newly uncovered popularity, D.C. clubs including Fur Nightclub, Lima Lounge and Josephine have seen increased traffic at their Club Glow events.

But the old mainstays better make room, as the highly anticipated new club in D.C., Echostage, will open its doors to the public on Saturday. Unlike the others in the area, Echostage will act as less like a club and more like a concert venue.

Panorama Productions, the company responsible for promoting the Club Glow events we all know and love, is responsible for leasing the space that is now Echostage.

The space has undergone numerous renovations including a new stage, an upgraded sound system and an extended dance floor.

While the venue is dedicated to EDM, the owners hope to accommodate hip-hop, R&B and rock artists in the future.

“Dance music is so freaking huge right now, just holding a weekly party isn’t sustainable,” Panorama’s marketing and media director, Ravi Bayanker, told The Washington Post. “We want to have a mega-lineup every week.”

And that’s exactly what’s scheduled to happen. Echostage is the real deal. Some of the biggest names in EDM will grace the stage from now until December, including Dirty South, R3hab, Avicii and Aarmin van Buuren.

In January, Echostage will close for even more renovations, including the building of a mezzanine area and outdoor patio. The goal is for the venue to be able to hold 5,000 fans.

The new venue’s Facebook page already has more than 2,000 fans.

The venue, located at 2135 Queens Chapel Road NE, boasts affordable parking and a free shuttle service from the New York Avenue Metro station for all shows. If you’ve ever spent hours on your feet dancing and pushing people to get to the front of the crowd, the first opportunity to get off your feet is like the icing on top of the cake.

The first show at Echostage will feature Dutch DJs Sander van Doorn and Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano this Saturday. So, what are you waiting for? Tickets are only $25. In a few months, you’ll love being able to say you were at the grand opening of Echostage.

Becky Kaminsky is a sophomore journalism major and student blogger for The Diamondback.