Maryland baseball is set to return to Bob “Turtle” Smith Stadium next month after a 2020 season cut short by the coronavirus pandemic. 

The Big Ten announced the condensed, conference-only schedule Wednesday afternoon. The Terps will play 44 games, spanning from March 5 to May 30.

The games will be spread out across 13 weekends with five weekends of four-game series and eight weekends of three-game slates. On three occasions, Maryland will split a weekend with matchups against two different opponents.

Coach Rob Vaughn’s squad will begin its season with a four-game series against Michigan State at a neutral site in Greenville, South Carolina, on March 5-7. 

[Cornrows and confetti: A look back at Brenda Frese’s time with Maryland women’s basketball]

The team’s March 26 weekend will feature a two-game series against Ohio State and a two-game series against Iowa. 

The season will feature home sets against Rutgers, Michigan, Northwestern, Ohio State, Minnesota, Purdue and Indiana. Away series include bouts with Michigan State, Penn State, Ohio State, Iowa, Nebraska, Northwestern, Illinois and Michigan.

For the second season in a row, the Big Ten tournament will not be conducted this year. However, the NCAA tournament is scheduled to begin June 4, five days after the Terps are set to end their regular season. 

D1Baseball currently projects Maryland to finish third in the Big Ten and to contend for a regional spot. 

Though the season will begin with no fans in attendance, Maryland athletics left the door open for fans to return to the stands later in the season, if health conditions permit.